Tawa Pulao Recipe
¾ cup Rice
1 Cup Finely chopped Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, Bean, Potato, Peas, Bell Pepper)
1 medium sized Onion Chopped into small pieces
1 medium sized Tomato Chopped into small pieces
2 tsp Ginger, garlic, green chili Finely chopped or crushed or paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
½ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
2 tsp Pav bhaji masala Powder
1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
1 Tbsp Spring onion Chopped
Salt to taste
Water As required
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Lemon cut into 4 pieces
1. Wash rice 2-3 times and soak it in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
2. Boil 5-6 cups of water in a pot. Once water starts to boil, add rice and cook till 90% cooked. Drain the rice and keep aside. Make sure you do not overcook rice.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Usually tawa pulao is a street food in India and it is fried on a huge tawa. As, we do not use that kind of huge tawa at home, we are using pan to fry the pulao.
4. In the oil, add cumin seeds. After 30 seconds, add onion. Sauté till onions are light brown
5. Add ginger-garlic-chili paste and saute for another 1 minute.
6. Add tomatoes, chopped vegetables(bell pepper, potato, green peas. carrots, beans) and salt. Sprinkle a few drops of water and cover it for 5 minutes or till vegetable are cooked well. You may use any choice of vegetables and cut into very small pieces, so it gets cooked soon.
7. Add cooked rice, salt, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala powder. Mix gently and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, spring onions and a piece of lemon.
9. Serve immediately.