Potato Vermicelli Cutlet
1 cup Vermicelli Sewai
3 potatoes Boiled and mashed
1 carrot Grated
½ inch ginger grated
2 pieces green chilly chopped
¼ cup green peas boiled and crushed
coriander leaves Freshly chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
¾ tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1/3 cup Bread crumbs as needed
2 Tbsp Peanut powder roasted
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1½ Tbsp All purpose flour
1. Boil water in a deep pan and when the water starts boiling add vermicelli. Mix it well and cook 3-4 minutes till it gets tender.
2. Once the vermicelli gets cooked, drain off to a colander and rinse with water. Set aside and let it cool down completely.
3. Grate the boiled potatoes or you can finely mashed it also.
4. Put boiled vermicelli in a bowl and add grated potatoes, grated carrot, chopped Coriander leaves , chopped green chilly, grated ginger or ginger paste, green peas, Garam masala powder, Cumin powder, Salt to taste, , Red chilly powder, bread crumbs, roasted peanut powder and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
5. If the mixture is sticky add more bread crumbs accordingly.
6. Take a generous portion of mixture and make small balls out of the mixture by rolling between your hands. Prepare rest of the balls in the same way.
7. Put all purpose flour/maida in a bowl and make thin paste with water. Mix it well till no lumps.
8. Put dry roasted vermicelli in a grinder and coarsely powder it. I have taken roasted vermicelli but if you do not have roasted one then roast the vermicelli and use it for coating.
9. Dip each Cutlet one by one with flour paste and then coat with dry roasted vermicelli all around the cutlets completely. Prepare rest of the Potato vermicelli cutlets in the same way.
10. Keep it in a refrigerator for 30 minutes to make the mixture firm but if you do not have much time fry it instantly.
11. Heat oil in deep pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot drop the cutlets slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them. Fry cutlets in batches, do not overcrowd the pan
12. Fry the until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This would take about 4-5 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel or an absorbent paper.
13. Serve hot with any green chutney or tomato ketchup.
I have added green chilly but do not add green chilly if you are going to make for kids.
If you do not have roasted vermicelli then you can also use bread crumbs for coating.