Cheese Corn Balls Recipe
3/4 Cup Sweet corn (boiled)
2 Medium Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
3/4 cups Cheese grated (I used a 50:50 ratio of mozzarella and Amul processed cheese)
2 Tbsp Corn flour
1 tsp Ginger-Green Chili paste
1/4 tsp Black Pepper powder
1/4 cup Coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Corn flour for coating
Breadcrumbs for coating
For Batter :
2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Corn flour mixed in 1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Boil the Potatoes. Do not over boil. Cool, peel and grate them.
2. Now Coarsely grind the boiled Sweet corn in a mixer grinder.
3. Take a deep bowl and add the grated Potatoes, Boiled Sweet Corn, Grated cheese, Black pepper powder, Ginger, Green chili paste, Salt, Coriander leaves and Corn Flour. Mix all the ingredients to a smooth mixture. If the mixture appears soggy or has a lot of moisture, add breadcrumbs to help bind the mixture. Now with your hands make small lemon sized balls of the cheese corn mixture and refrigerate for a few minutes.
4. Now in a heavy bottomed vessel, heat oil for deep frying. Coat the Cheese Corn Balls in Cornflour batter and then evenly coat them with Bread Crumbs.
5. Place each ball in the hot oil. Do not over crowd. Deep fry till Golden brown in color. Carefully remove the fried balls onto an absorbent paper.
6. Serve the Cheese Corn Balls with Tomato Ketchup or Coriander Chutney.
You can add any flavor of your choice like Garlic powder, Oregano or Red Chili Flakes to the mixture.