Bread Sticks Recipe | Bread Finger Fries | Bread Stick Fritters
8 Bread Slices
½ Cup Besan (Gram flour)
¼ cup Rice Flour
½ teaspoon Ajwain (carrom seeds)
½ teaspoon Red chili powder
Water as required
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, take Besan, Rice Flour, Carrom Seeds, Red Chili Powder, Salt and mix well.
2. Add water to the mixture and make a smooth semi thick batter with medium consistency.
3. Now take the bread slices and cut 1/2" thick pieces from all 4 edges. Keep the middle soft portion to make sandwich (it will not be used in this recipe).
4. Now dip the edges in the batter prepared above and gently coat all around.
5. Take a pan and heat oil for frying.
6. Deep fry all the edges in hot oil until Golden Brown and crispy.
7. Serve hot with Green Chutney or Tomato sauce or Enjoy with Tea as Snacks.
Do not dip the bread edges in the batter for longer time as bread edges would become soggy and would crumble in the batter.