Til Gud Ladoo Recipe | Sesame Seed Ladoo Recipe
Til gud ka ladoo is a winter sweet and is generally made during sankrant / Pongal. This is a simple recipe made with til and jaggery. Til is sesame seeds and jaggery or gud is unrefined cane sugar. You can also enjoy them as Sesame Brittle. Til gud kha aani goad goad bola is also a famous phrase used by Maharashtrians.
1 cup sesame seeds ( til )
1 cup jaggery or gud broken in small pieces.
3 Tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp crushed cardamom
1/2 cup water
1. Roast the Sesame seed (Til) in a frying pan on medium heat while stirring continously till they become light golden brown in colour. It should take about 4-5 minutes. Now keep the sesame seeds out in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Now take some water and Jaggery in the frying pan and simmer over medium heat till it starts melting and caramelising. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes.
3. Now check the melted jaggery if it forms a ball when a drop of it is put in cold water. If it does lower the heat to low.
4. Add Roasted Sesame seeds (til), Ghee and Cardomom to the melted jaggery and mix it thoroughly.
5. Now grease a plate and take out the mixture on this greased plate.
6. Take one tablespoon of this mixture in your palm and try to make them in the shape of round balls. They should be roughly 1 inch in diameter.
7. Make all the ladoos from the mixture while it is still warm.
8. Til gud Ladoos or sesame seed ladoo can be stored in an airtight container for months.
For a little variation, you can also add little crushed Peanuts or Daliya to the mixture before making ladoos.
Along wih Til Gud / Sesame Ladoos, Peanut Chikki / Sing chikki / Peanut Brittle is also prepared.