Tamarind Chutney | Meethi Imli Chutney Recipe
1/2 lb tamarind, seeded (Meethi Imli)
2 cups Boiling water
2-1/2 cups Sugar / Jaggery
1-1/2 Tbsp roasted Cumin seeds
1 tsp Black Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Red Chili powder
1/2 tsp Ginger powder
1 Tbsp salt
1. Take some boiling water. Now break the tamarind into small pieces and soak it the water for 1 hour.
2. After an hour, take the soaked tamarind in a strainer and mash it into a pulp by pressing the tamarind to remove all the pulp.
3. Add Sugar/Jaggery to the pulp and mix well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add more sugar, salt or pepper as per your taste.
5. Tamarind Chutney is ready.
6. Chutney can be refrigerated for 2-3 months.
1. Tamarind Chutney can be drizzled over Ragda Patties, Dahi vada, Bhel Puri and any kind of Chaat.
2. It can be used as a dipping sauce for Samosas, Pakoras, French Fries, Veggie Fingers or any kind of Fritters.