Sabudana khichdi Recipe | Tapioca Pearls Pilaf Recipe
250gms Sabudana (Tapioca)
1 medium sized Potato chopped
1 Tbsp Peanuts (Mungfali)
1 tsp chopped cilantro
3-4 chopped green chilly
1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
1-1/2 tsp Ghee
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
Rock salt to taste
1. Gently wash and soak sabudana (tapioca) in about 1/2 cup of water for 6 to 8 hours.
2. Roast the Peanuts in a pan until it becomes light brown or crunchy and keep aside.
3. Now take ghee in a pan and add jeera after the ghee has become hot.Now add potato and cook till Potatoes becomes soft.
4. Now add soaked Sabudana, Black Pepper, Rock Salt, Cilantro, Lemon Juice, Roasted Peanuts, Green Chilly and Mix Well.
5. Keep Stirring gently making sure that Sabudana do not stick to each other. Cover for a couple of minutes.
6. Sabudana Khichdi is ready.
7. Garnish with Cilantro leaves and serve Hot !
Recipe Tips :
1. To save time, soak the Sabudana in warm water for about 2-3 hours.(Water should not be hot.)
2. You can add boiled potato instead of raw potato.
3. If you don’t stir frequently sabudana (tapioca) will stick to each other.