Palak Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe
To make kofta:
200 grams Paneer / Chenna Crumbled
250 grams fine Spinach chopped
1-2 tbsp Gram flour
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
2 medium sized tomatoes
3 medium sized Onion chopped
5-6 cloves of Garlic
½ inch piece of ginger
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 ½ tsp Coriander powder
Fresh coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Butter
¼ tsp Cumin seed
2-3 tbsp of Fresh cream
For Koftas :
1. Take Chopped Palak (Spinach) in a Pan and cook on Medium Flame.
2. Squeeze out the water from the spinach once it cools down.
3. Now Take a deep bowl and put grated paneer / chenna in it and add blanched Spinach along with all the spices (Red Chilly Powder, Garam Masala, Salt to taste.)
4. Finally add Besan / Gram Flour for binding the Koftas.
5. Take some portion of the above mixture and make small balls by rolling it between your palm. Prepare the balls for the remaining mixture.
6. Take some oil in a deep pan and Deep fry these Balls on medium heat taking care not to overlap them.
7. Fry the balls till they are golden brown turning them occasionally.
8. Take them out over a paper towel or absorbent paper. Your Koftas are ready.
For Curry :
1. Take Chopped Tomato, Chopped Onion, Chopped Garlic, Chopped Ginger and add a little water and grind them to make a smooth paste.
2. Take a deep Pan and heat 1/2 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp Butter. Once the oil become hot enough, add Cumin seed and saute till it become light brown.
3. Now add the above smooth paste to it and mix well.
4. Add all the spices Red Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Garam Masala, Salt to taste, Fresh Cream and mix it well.
5. Add a glass of water, mix it well and bring it to a boil.
6. Once the gravy starts boiling add kasuri methi, freshly chopped coriader leaves and add fried palak paneer koftas prepared above, one by one and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Now take the Palak Paneer Kofta Curry in a serving bowl taking care that the koftas dont break.
8. Garnish the Palak Paneer Kofta Curry with some fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves.
9. Serve Hot with Tandoori Roti, Kulcha, Naan, Paratha or Phulka Chapati.