Onion Thalipeeth | Kandache Thalipeeth Recipe
2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Jowar Flour
2 Cup Wheat Flour
1 Cup Chick Pea Flour
1 Cup Rice Flour
2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
1 Tbsp Crushed Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 Tbsp Crushed Fennel Seeds (Sauf)
5 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1&1/2 Tbsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
Salt as per taste
1. Take a big bowl and add chopped Onion, Garlic Paste, Sesame Seeds, crushed Sauf, crushed Jeera, Ajwain, Red Chilly powder, Coriander Leaves, Turmeric and salt in it.
2. Now add 5-6 Tbsp Oil to it and mix it well.
3. Add all the Flours one after the other and mix it well.
4. Now knead the mixture till the dough become smooth by adding enough water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
5. Now heat the tawa on a low flame.
6. Take a wet cotton cloth and spread it on a rolling board.
7. Take some dough in your palm and spread the thalipeeth evenly on the cloth.
8. Make a hole at the center of the thalipeeth to add oil.
9. Now carefully with the help of the cloth place the thalipeeth on the tawa.
10. Cover thalipeeth with lid and keep on low flame for about 1 minute.
11. Roast thalipeeth on both sides and keep adding oil as required.
12. Keep roasting till brown spots appear on thalipeeth.
13. Thalipeeth is ready. Repeat the above procedure for the remaining dough.
14. Server Kandache Thalipeeth (Onion Thalipeeth) with pickle, Butter, Curd or Thecha.