Makki Di Roti recipe | Makki Ki Roti | Indian Corn Bread
2 Cups Makki ka atta (Cornmeal)
1/2 cup Wheat Flour (Atta)
1-1/4 cup Water (or as required for dough)
Salt to taste
3/4 teaspoon Ajwain / Carrom seeds
1/4 cup Oil / Ghee
1. Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and knead a soft dough.
2. While Kneading, add water slowly and gradually to make the dough smooth and soft and now it is ready.
3. Take a plastic Ziplock bag and cut it open and place it on your rolling surface and grease it in the center.
4. Make a small ball out of the dough and place it between the two sheets of plastic and drizzle some oil on top of it.
5. Now spread the dough ball around using your hand or flat bottomed plate and make it look like a large disc. Now the roti is ready.
6. Now carefully remove the roti from the plastic disc and transfer it on a hot seasoned Tawa.
7. Grease the roti along the way and allow it to cook on the bottom.
8. Now flip it over and cook the other side too.
9. Apply oil/Ghee as needed and cook both sides until the roti turns brown and is cooked thoroughly.
10. Crispy brown Makki di Roti is ready. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
11. Serve hot with Sarson ka Saag or Daal !