Capsicum Pakora | Shimla Mirch Ke Pakode | Capsicum Bhajiya | Bell Pepper Fritters
2 medium Capsicum / Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch)
½ Cup Besan (Gram flour)
¼ cup Rice Flour
¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
Salt as per taste
Water as required
Cooking oil as required for deep frying
1. Now cut thin Slices of all the Capsicum (Bell Pepper) and remove the seeds and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, mix Besan, Rice Flour, Ajwain, Red Chilli Powder and salt. Add Water to it and make a smooth thick batter.(Assure there are no lumps)
3. Take Oil in pan to deep fry and heat the oil on medium flame.
4. Now dip the Slices of Capsicum into the Batter prepared and coat all around.
5. Deep fry the slices in Hot oil until both sides turn golden brown and look crispy.
6. Take the fried pakoras out on a Kitchen napkin to remove excess oil.
7. Repeat the above procedure for all the slices of Capsicum.
8. Serve hot fried Pakoras / Fritters with Green chutney or Tomato Sauce.