Murmura /Kurmura Chiwda Recipe
1 Cup puffed rice ( Kurmura / Murmura )
1 Teaspoon Oil
2 Tablespoon Ground nuts / peanuts
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Seeds / Kalonji
1 Red Chilli
1 Sun dried chilli
1/4 Teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
2 Sprigs of curry leaves
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot, add peanuts and fry them on low flame till they change color to light golden or till they splutter
2. Remove the peanuts and place them on Tissue paper / Newspaper to saok excess oil.
3. In the remaining oil add curry leaves, onion seeds(kalanji), sun dried chilli, dry red chilli and fry for a few seconds.
4. Switch off the flame and add red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, salt, pepper and immediately add Murmura/Kurmura (puffed rice) and Fried Peanuts. Give it a nice stir till everything mixes together.
5. Cool completely and serve. Can Store in Air tight Container for a few days.