Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Basmati rice : 1 cup washed in running water
Carrot : 1/2 carrot evenly cut in medium cubes
Green Peas : 1/4 cup washed
1/2 Onion : sliced
Cumin seeds : 1 tbsp
Ghee (clarified butter) : 2-3 tbsp
Cloves : 3-4 counts
Bay leaf : 1 count
Red chili powder : 1 tsp
Garam masala : 1 tsp
Coriander powder : 1tsp
Cashew nuts : 8-9 counts cut into half
Salt : to taste
Water : 2 cups
Freshly chopped coriander(Cilantro) Leaves : for garnishing.
• In pressure cooker on a medium flame heat some ghee and add cumin seeds to it.
• Let it heat and add cloves and bay leaf .
• Now add sliced onions and let them get golden brown in color. Add all vegetables i.e carrots,green peas .Keep on stirring and let them cook for a while.
• Add cashew nuts and rice to it and continuously keep on stirring everything for a while.
• Add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala to the rice.
• Add water double to the quantity of the rice.
• Close the lid and let it pressure cook till 1 whistle on medium flame.
• Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
• Garnish with some freshly chopped coriander leave and serve hot with some yogurt raita or butter milk.