Vegetable Biryani Recipe
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 medium Onion, sliced lengthwise
½ cup Green Peas
5-6 Florets of Cauliflower
½ cup Carrot and French beans pieces.
Puree of 2 medium Tomato.
8-9 Cashew Nuts
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
1 tbsp Ginger Paste
½ cup Milk
¼ to ½ cup Plain Yogurt, well beaten
1 tbsp Ghee
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Vegetable Biryani Masala
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
(Add other Veggies of your choice)
1) In a deep sauce pan boil 2½ cup water. Add ½ tbsp Oil and ½ tbsp Salt. Then add 1 Cup Basmati Rice. Let it cook on Medium heat. Cover with lid for few minutes. Do not cook rice completely. Let it be uncooked slightly. Drain and transfer rice to a flat plate for cooling.
2) Cook vegetables. Do not overcook them, Keep them uncooked slightly.
3) Heat a nonstick pan; add 2-3 tbsp oil and Onion, Cashew nuts, Ginger-Garlic Paste. Sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat. Then add Tomato Puree, ½ tsp Red Chili Powder, ½ tsp Turmeric Powder. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add Yogurt, Biryani masala and mix well. Then add cooked vegetables and very little salt. Let it cook for few minutes.
4) In other pan spread rice and make a layer. Then make layer of gravy. Again make Rice Layer followed by layer of Gravy. Make 3-4 more layers like this.
5) Pour ½ cup milk over the surface. Cover pan with lid and let it cook for 10-12 minutes. Keep the heat on medium. Once Biryani is ready, drizzle Ghee over Biryani to enhance richness.
6) Serve with Raita.