Dal Vada Recipe
1 cup Bengal gram,soaked for 2 hours,(chana dal)
1 onion, finely chopped,
2 cloves (Laung)
1 cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped, (Hara Dhaniya)
3 red chillies, dried,crushed (Sookhi lal mirch)
1 tbsp ginger,chopped fine (adrak)
1 tbsp garlic, chopped, (lehsun)
2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka Atta)
1 Tbsp fennel seeds, (saunf)
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
• Soak chana dal for 2 hours and put in the blender.
• Add red chillies, ginger, cloves and cinnamon and grind coarsely. If needed add a little water. Make sure the mix ture is dry.
• Remove the mixture in a big bowl.
• Add onions, garlic, coriander, fennel seeds and salt.
• For binding add rice flour and mix everything properly.
• In a wok heat oil for deep frying.
• Make small dumplings of this batter and deep fry them until they are golden brown.
• Remove on a paper towel to soak excess oil.
• Arrange the vadai into a serving plate and serve hot with coconut chutney.