Palak Paneer Recipe | Cottage cheese and Spinach curry Recipe
½ kg Spinach palak
200 gm Paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
1 tbsp Moong dal optional for color
1 Tomato chopped
7-8 Garlic flakes
2 pcs green chili
½ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp garam masala
2 tsp fresh cream
2 tbsp oil ghee/butter
Salt to taste
1. Remove spinach leaves from stem and rinse thoroughly in water.
2. Take a deep pan and add washed spinach leaves, garlic flakes, green chily, soaked moong dal (for color) and chopped tomatoes.
3. Add little water, cover the lid and cook for 5 mins.
4. Turn off the heat and make the spinach cool.
5. Now blend the spinach mixture with a blender and make a thick smooth paste.
6. Heat oil in a deep heavy pan and add cumin seeds.
7. When the seed starts crackling add spinach paste and stir for a min.
8. Add turmeric powder, hing , salt, water (if required) and mix well.
9. Add pieces of cottage cheese, fresh cream, red chily powder, garam masala and mix it well.
10. Cook till the gravy starts boiling.
11. Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with Roti, Naan or Jeera Rice.
Notes: You can also add fried paneer cubes into the spinach curry.